Sunday, March 2, 2008

Week 35: Alpha testing begins, Griffin takes a nap

I mostly took a much-needed rest today after working pretty hard to get a decent alpha #1 put together. I'm pleased with how it's going so far, but I have a lot of work to do.

It's become clear -- I was feeling it as I finished up the alpha version, and I've already gotten some feedback agreeing -- that the enemy behavior needs to be smarter and more aggressive. Currently, they all just move randomly. I thought that would be enough, considering that I do want these early enemies to be easy. Well, if this were a game where touching an enemy hurts you, then randomly moving enemies might work. But in this one, not at all. They're just not interesting or fun. So this is my #1 major task, even ahead of adding the rest of the planned content (of which there is a lot left to do).

Seems like there were other things that I wanted to ramble about, but I can't remember them and don't really have the energy anyhow. I'll leave you with a video of various clips from a playthrough of alpha #1.


Wings of Albero (action RPG): clips from alpha #1 from Griffin Knodle on Vimeo.

No comments: