Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Week 27: Battle basics

I've been working on getting the basic battle system up and running. Right now, it's got endless hordes of cute slimes that you can fight (any resemblance to dangos is quite unintentional). One quirk is that currently they can hit each other as well as you. Oops.

I've also partly made spawn points -- spots on the field that generate new copies of enemies (hence the endless hordes). I still need to make them configurable for type(s) of enemies to spawn and conditions for spawning.

Feels like things are going slowly, but I have a good feeling that I'm setting up a good foundation that will let things go quickly once the basics are done.

Finally, I'm semi-proud to present the very first video of this very early stage of development:

Dev 1: Endless Slimes from Griffin Knodle on Vimeo.

No comments: