Monday, August 20, 2007

Week 7 -- How many HP do I have?

Well, it was indeed a busy week, but I got a bit of time for the project. I spent most of it learning about TGB GUIs. Seems powerful and potentially handy, but I found the GUI builder distressingly buggy. I still managed to add a Hello World pop-up. (Handy for distracting you from fighting the demo enemies!)

My main goal was to add a couple of stat displays (HP now and a couple more later) to the battle system prototype. I figure it's time well spent as I'll certainly need those skills for the real game. And so there's now a working HP display in the corner of the window. And I wound up not even using a real GUI for it. =) Oh well.

So I've got catching up to do this coming week. Fortunately work looks more under control, I hope, so we'll see.

No comments: