Sunday, August 12, 2007

Week 6 -- Battle prototype baby steps

The bad news this week was that I was pretty busy and didn't find much time for the project. The good news is that I stayed somewhat on-schedule because the tasks I did took less time than I'd estimated.

I improved the battle system prototype a bit. Now it spawns multiple enemies, one wave at a time. The most interesting stuff happened behind the scenes here -- I had to learn some more about TGB and TorqueScript to get this working (mainly, dynamically creating the enemy objects rather than placing one in the level builder). Also, both the enemies and the player now have HP rather than dying in one hit. And the enemies freeze momentarily when you hit them. Also, everyone's momentarily invincible after getting hit (to prevent the constant collision from causing many rapid hits). This is a temporary quick measure; I want to later do something more sophisticated, like that each attack can only hit you once, but another enemy's attack can hit you any time.

The final bad news is that I'm extremely busy with work-work, so the outlook is grim for this week. We'll see.

No comments: