Sunday, November 4, 2007

Week 18 (!) -- Torquey Torque

Regular posting resuming in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ....

And we're back. I've been getting a bit of work in learning my way around TGB better. Did some with changing levels and controlling the camera. I found that you can make several distinct areas in the same level file and set camera limits so the camera doesn't slide over to the next area. I'm not sure whether it's better to make one big level for all similar areas or to make a separate level file for each area.

A bit of study on object layering. Figured out how to set up the layer sorting so that it'll come out right for a three-quarters view (meaning that objects in front are drawn in front).

And am currently learning TGB GUIs and the GUI Builder. This part is going better than I expected from my initial experience. It seems pretty powerful and usable so far.

I'll probably skip some of my planned study topics and return to the main project sooner than planned to help out the schedule.